Hello

I don't entirely know what I'm doing, or meant to be doing but I felt the need to start this blog. As a way to try and rationalize where I am in my life and the fact that I am starting over, again.

I recently left my job after much debate and deliberation with myself. It was a decision however that had to be made. For my own sanity and wellbeing. I as grossly unhappy and out of sorts and the only way I saw to reclaim my life was to leave that environment (much to my mother's disdain). I made sure all my debts were paid so that I don't have the stress and burden in my unemployed life. It was never a daunting feeling. I kept waiting for the urge to change my mind but instead I felt an overwhelming sense of peace. I was breathing again. I hadn't been able to breathe in months. I just moved around with my breath held in, choking and stumbling through it. |Hoping not to die.

Its been 3 full months and although I get a little scared sometimes, I am generally happy. I suppose we have been conditioned to think that we cant survive without a monthly income, and I'm sure if the opportunity presented itself I would go back to the rat race of 8 - 5. But I think now I would go back with conviction and self worth. Knowing that I wasn't willing to settle for second best. I know that for me to be happy, I cannot just be ok, I need the best. For me.

Right now I'm in my nieces room, in the middle of the Hertfordshire countryside. Its a far cry from the hustle and bustle of the city which I love so much. I wasn't made to live in the country. I bought a plane ticket to come and see my sister, Wendy. She was the one who actually got me out the rut of my job by telling me I can come and join her in the UK, at her clinic. Not much work has started, but I'm eager to see what's in store. Its a hiatus from  my life back home and a much welcomed break.

So this is it. This is me starting over. oh, and the name of the blog? Old Girly? I'm not getting any younger but I'll always be a girl at heart. One of my friends calls me girly, so it just fit.

Welcome.

Comments

  1. LOVE IT!!! You are going to do great things regardless of the path you choose! 😙

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts